Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Just One of the Boys


I’ve always been just one of the boys,
I wouldn’t be caught dead playing with girly toys.
Ha, I’d rather be outside in the dirt--
Scrapes, bruises, and getting hurt.

Three flies up, beast, and smear the queer,
We didn’t know the meaning of fear.
Bulldozer on the tramp, ‘til we’d throw up,
We’d roll around to make our hair stand up.

Our big adventures were incredible,
We were straight from Mission Impossible,
Double 0 agents with important stuff to do,
We really had badges, passports and code names too.

Basketball courts fit for the pros to play,
“Oh, no no no, girls don’t play here,” I’d say,
“Me?  Oh I belong here,”
“You?  You’re looking for the hopscotch, it’s over there.”

Dolls and Barbie’s I ignored,
Hoops and hockey sticks are what I adored.
So that’s about it you see,
Just one of the boys is what I’ll be.

No comments:

Post a Comment